Last updated: 8.20.2020
Bernhardt Furniture Company (“Bernhardt Furniture,” “we,” “our” or “us”) operates the website www.bernhardtdesignplank.com (the “Site”). This Privacy Statement applies to information collected by or on behalf of Bernhardt Furniture through the Site, by email, and anywhere else we display this Privacy Statement (collectively, the “Services”). This Privacy Statement discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for the Services and your rights and choices with regard to information we collect.
1. What personal information do we collect and how do we collect it? “Personal information” is data that can be used to uniquely identify or contact a single person. When you visit the Site or interact with our Services, you may provide us with two types of information: personal information you voluntarily submit, and information that we automatically collect as you browse the Site.
Information You Voluntarily Submit.
We collect information from you in the following areas:
- REQUEST FORMS – We may collect personal information if you send us a request via our webform on the Site. In the webform, we will generally ask you to provide contact information. Contact information may include your name, occupation, email address, company name, phone number, location (country), and information about your question, including the product type. You may, however, visit the Site without submitting the request form.
- EMAIL – We may collect any information you choose to provide to us if you communicate with us by email.
Information Collected and Stored Automatically and Technologies We Use to Collect It.
When you browse the Site, you and your Web browser may also transmit information that we automatically collect. We log your IP address (the Internet address of your computer), the Web pages you visit and the time of your visit, click path taken through the Site, and your usage of features on the Site. Other information automatically provided to us by your Web browser is the type of computer, operating system and browser you are using. This information helps us manage, improve and customize the Site. This information (also called “traffic data”) is generally non-identifying, but if we associate it with you as an identifiable person, we will treat it as personal information.
2. Usage of Your Personal Information. In general, we use the personal information you provide for our business purposes, including to respond to your requests, to communicate with you about the Services, our products and services, and to do all things necessary to administer the Site and manage, protect and to improve the content, appearance and utility of the Site; to track our visitors’ use of the Site for internal research; and to notify our visitors of updates to the Services or of new products or services.
From time to time, we may contract with service providers to provide certain services including data management, promotional services, to process catalog orders, email distribution, digital asset management, website hosting and functionality. We may provide these providers with the information needed for them to perform those contracted services.
We reserve the right to transfer any information we have about you in connection with a sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of assets, reorganization or liquidation of our business. We reserve the right to disclose any personal information as needed if that information is requested by law enforcement agencies or if we are required to do so by law, treaty, regulation, subpoena, court order, or by a government entity. We also may disclose your personal information to third parties if we have reason to believe that disclosing such information is necessary to conduct investigations of possible breaches of law, to cooperate in any legal investigation, or to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be violating any agreement with us.
5. Security. We take reasonable precautions to protect the security of your personal information that you share with us. However, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to or from the Site, and you do so at your own risk.
6. Children. The Site is not intended for use by children under the age of 18, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from such individuals. If we learn that we have collected the personal information of any such individual, we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
7. Do-Not-Track and Third-Party Tracking Disclosures. Some websites have “do not track” features that allow you to tell a website not to track you. These features are not all uniform. The Site does not currently respond to browser based “do not track” signals. To learn more about your choices regarding this type of data collection or to opt-out of interest-based advertising by members of the NAI or the DAA, please visit https://www.aboutads.info/choices or https://www.aboutads.info/choices.
We contract with service providers to serve or send advertisements on our behalf. We work with these advertising service providers that collect information across various channels, including offline and online, for purposes of delivering more relevant advertising to you. Our advertising providers may place or recognize a cookie on your computer, device, or directly in our emails and communications, and we may share personal information with them if you have submitted such information to us. These service providers may link the anonymous information we share with them to the cookie stored on your browser or device and collect information such as your IP address, browser or operating system type and version, and demographic or purchase information. These service providers use this information to recognize you across different channels and platforms over time for advertising, analytics, attribution, and reporting purposes.
We do not permit third parties to collect personal information through cookies or other tools on the Site concerning your online activities over time across different websites for the third parties’ own purposes. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but you can usually modify your browser settings to decline cookies but doing so may prevent you from accessing all functionality of the Site.
8. Third-Party Links. We may provide links on the Site to third-party websites we think may be of interest to you, including links to social media sites such as Instagram and YouTube. These websites are independent from Bernhardt Furniture Company and have their own separate privacy policies. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such third-party websites. Whenever you click on links on the Site that take you to a third-party website, you will be subject to the third party’s privacy policies. We recommend that you review the third-parties’ privacy polices before you visit these websites.
9. Notice to Users Outside the United States. We are based in the United States. Personal information may be accessed by us or transferred to us in the United States or to our corporate affiliates, business partners, or service providers elsewhere in the world. If you are located outside of the United States, be advised that any information you provide to us will be transferred to and stored in the United States and that, by submitting information to us, you explicitly authorize its transfer and storage within the United States. We will protect the privacy and security of personal information according to this Privacy Statement and the laws of the United States regardless of where it is processed or stored.
10. Policy Changes. We reserve the right, at our discretion, to change, modify, add or remove portions of this Privacy Statement at any time. You should check this page periodically for changes. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this Privacy Statement will mean that you accept those changes.
11. Contact Us. If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, please contact us